Non-traditional 'traditional': Where innovation and tradition meet!
The most popular program at Zeeland Christian School is our traditional program. The traditional program is a great fit for families who prefer a traditional school experience while taking advantage of some very cutting-edge and non-traditional teaching techniques! Our traditional program is based on:
- Relationship-based teaching - Teachers focus on developing a trusted relationship with students so that the children feel comfortable trying new things.
- The concept of teachers as facilitators - Teachers point students toward the information they need but do not often provide it to them.
- Differentiated teaching - Teachers meet each student where he or she is academically.
- Relevance to the real world - Teachers strive to show students real world applications in everything they teach.
- A global perspective - Teachers show students the amazing world God has created.
- Inquiry based learning - Teachers pose questions to students and give them the chance to discover the answers.
- Exploration - Students are encouraged to explore subject matter as opposed to being led through it by the teacher.
- Integrated projects - A project on Egypt (social studies) will involve the amazing geometry of the pyramids (math) while reading a fiction book on the life of slave girl in ancient times (language arts).
For more information on our traditional program, please contact Sherri Tibbe at 616.772.2609 or email@example.com.