Zeeland Christian School is a Threeschool-8th grade school system made up of more than 1,000 students. Everything at Zeeland Christian School revolves around love God, love kids, and love learning. We give glory and honor to God by nurturing each child's gifts and talents. One-size-fits-one!
The mission of Zeeland Christian School is to provide a high-quality Christian education based on the Reformed understanding of the Christian faith. We do so as an extension of the Christian family, assisting parents in carrying out their responsibility to instruct their children in the Christian faith.
Our goal is to enable students to function to their fullest potential in contemporary society as Christian citizens who personally respond in loving obedience to God’s revealed will, who recognize the significance of serving others with their lives, and who accept their responsibility toward the world in which they live.
• Sustainable Innovation
Our curriculum is an innovative, traditional curriculum that takes best practices in education and adapts them to the needs of students in this school system. In addition to traditional subjects like math, reading, writing, and science, our program also includes physical education, world language, vocal and instrumental music, art, and technology. Our Christian beliefs and teachings are at the heart of everything we teach and in all our interactions with students.
We believe that ZCS shares the responsibility for instruction in faith and academics with parents. Recognizing that parents are the primary source of guidance for their families, our instruction will always encourage students to view their parents as the best resource when facing tough questions, or when seeking help to process topics that may not completely match with their family's belief statements. In support of this structure of parent-led faith formation, it is our intent that:
- Our students will be presented with the message of Scripture and the redemption that is offered through Jesus Christ. Understanding the significance of this redemption leads to deep joy which moves students toward Kingdom service as they seek to bring shalom to a broken world.
- Our students will be instructed in Scriptural principles that will guide them into mature living, which, when integrated with personal faith, will prepare them for meaningful service in the Kingdom of God.
- Our students will be encouraged to recognize the greatness and the mercy of our Lord in every area of life, and to understand that they are called to honest worship, moral discipline, and personal holiness.
- Our students will be guided into a true knowledge of God's world, of its history, and its culture. They will be equipped to engage local and global society for the glory of God.
- Our students are unique and beautiful, individual creations, each with an intentional plan ordained by a holy God. Each child is of infinite value and should feel the manifestation of this truth. Each gift, skill, and ability is necessary to complete the body of Christ.
- Our students will know that every person must be afforded compassion, love, kindness, respect, grace, and dignity. Hateful behavior or attitudes directed toward any individual are to be repudiated and are not in accord with Scripture nor the Life Together Covenant that governs life at ZCS.
- Our students will learn in a community centered on Christ’s teachings.
- Our students will be taught in an environment where all students are able to grow as His children and flourish in relationship with each other. An important aspect of human relationships is conflict resolution and effective communication, and we strive to incorporate these elements into our school culture.
- Our students, families, and staff should be actively involved in a local Christian church, leaning on their faith community as their primary source of Bible teaching, worship, and discipleship. This supports the development of the whole student through the partnership of home, school, and church.
- Our students will learn in an environment that aligns with our school's belief statement. While striving to maintain the academic state standards that are consistent with our philosophy, we will seek new and creative ways to educate each student in alignment with his or her uniqueness, as God has created them.
In 2020, Zeeland Christian School celebrated 105 years of Christian education in Zeeland! When we think of 105 years, we think of the faithful men and women who worked so hard to get this school up and running so that their children would be brought up with Christ at the center of everything they learned.
The Foundation of ZeelandIn 1915, a small group of Christian parents decided to place Christ and Biblical truths at the center of their child’s academic development. They founded Zeeland Christian School in a four-room building on Cherry Street.
By 1948, Zeeland Christian School outgrew the Cherry Street campus and moved to its current location at 334 W. Central Ave.
Since then, there have been many additions, renovations, and improvements.
Today, the school is made up of more than 170 faculty and staff who teach over 1,000 students each week! Our program offerings are English, Spanish Immersion, Mandarin Immersion, Inclusive Education, and two preschool sites - Creation Ridge and Central Avenue.
Interested in Learning More About ZCS?
We believe the best way to learn about a school is to see it firsthand. Complete our inquiry form to schedule a personal tour around our campus.