School Board Announcement: At last Thursday’s society meeting, Jeff Dornbos and Craig Oosterhouse were elected to serve on the Board. Additionally, at the Board meeting immediately following the Society Meeting, Betsy Koop was announced as the next Board president, effective in June when Chad Geenen’s term ends.
Thank you to Mr. Schonewill, Miss Baron and all our K-5th grade teachers for your leadership in the Spring Elementary program last night.
The School Office will be CLOSED over Spring Break (March 29-April 5)
Employment Opportunities at ZCS: We are excited to have more people join our school staff next year. We have a variety of openings for assistants next year in preschool, support services, and extended care. Positions can be as small as two half days a week or almost full time, sometimes with a combination of hours across programs. The pay is hourly, and positions follow the school year schedule. A background in education or another child-related field is desired, but it is not required. If you, or anyone you know, is interested, please send a resume to email@example.com.
2019-2020 One Page Tuition Statements(OPTS) have been mailed. Please return your signed OPTS either via paper in the office or as an attachment when completing the continuous enrollment opt-in form. All forms need to be completed by Friday, March 29, 2019.
The application window for TUITION ASSISTANCE for the 2019-2020 school year is now open. Go the ZCS homepage, click on ENROLLMENT, scroll down to FINANCIAL AID, and click on TUITION ASSISTANCE. You will be directed to the FACTS website where you can sign in if you are a returning applicant or register if you are new to the system. You may apply through Monday, April 22. Questions? Contact Mike Arendsen, Director of Finance and Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org or 879-0312.
Destination Imagination - We are pleased to report that all four of our DI teams were able to present their challenge solutions this past Saturday at the regional tournament up in Coopersville with three of them earning a spot at the state tournament at MSU in April. Thanks, DI kids and coaches, for representing ZCS in a positive way!
Expand(ED): Registration for this summer's Expand(ED) programs is now available. You can find out what is being offered and register on this website. Camps being offered this summer include: Destination Imagination, Mandarin, Spanish, art, fairy gardens, theater, coding, basketball, soccer, volleyball, golf, tutoring, math, and leveled-library check out.
March is Reading Month at ZCS - We celebrate reading with Where’s Waldo this month! We will sharpen our inferring skills by using clues to help answer our questions in reading. We also will enjoy by writing and reading riddles together. Here is a list of extra special days for Young 5’s-5th grade that will heighten our celebration: March 27: Beach Day - Beachwear
Help support reading in our community! Please donate any gently used or new children's books, for babies to children age eight, to Give a Book a Home (GABAH), a project of Ottawa County's Great Start Parent Coalition. Bins for book collection will be near the preschool entrance and front office through March 28. GABAH places books at community agencies supporting our most at-risk children and families in Ottawa County. Thank you!
Teacher Requests for 2019-2020: The Education Committee would like to remind parents that written requests for specific teachers must go directly to Tim McAboy, Head of School and not to individual teachers. Based on school policy, the Head of School will bring all requests to the Education Committee. All requests must be in written form and received by March 22. Requests go beyond preferences and offer input that should be considered in special circumstances
Auction: It is time for the Chicken & Pig Roast at Auction 2019! Join us on April 12 for dinner before the bidding begins. All proceeds from this dinner will benefit ZCS! Dinner will be served from 5:00 – 7:00 pm. Take-out dinners are available also.
Yamaha Golf Carts: Buy A Line(s) for a chance to win one of two Yamaha Golf Carts! The TWO winning lines will be randomly selected during the ZCS LIVE Auction on Friday, April 12, 2019. You DO NOT need to be present to win. The maximum number of lines that will be sold is 750. Good luck! Buy your lines HERE
Kindergarten, First and Second Grade Families: The ZCS Auction Food Committee is asking for your help by donating to the Auction 2019 dinner. Please use the Sign-Up Genius that was emailed to you. Please be sure to complete the form by Tuesday, March 26. Your generosity is appreciated! (If you did not receive the Sign-up Genius or need it re-sent, please contact Krissy DeKruyter at email@example.com)
SAILING SEASON is almost here! 7th and 8th graders are invited to participate on the HCHS sailing team! The spring season is April 2, 2019 - May 30, 2019. No previous sailing or racing experience necessary! Practices are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 3:30 - 6:30. (Feel free to begin the season after ZCS's spring break if you will be out of town.) Come get the boats ready for the season on March 28 from 3:30 - 6:30 at Macatawa Bay Yacht Club. Parent and sailor meeting to follow at 6:30. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Nick Hovland at firstname.lastname@example.org or ZCS mom Carrie Traver at email@example.com More information can be found at mbja.org
Special Instant TRIP Date: Wednesday, March 27 11AM-1PM in the main office. NO Instant TRIP on March 29 or April 5.
Save the date! Get ready for some fun! The 8th grade class will be hosting fun night this year on May 3. Once again we will be having dinner, games, and prizes! More information coming soon!
March 23: Basket Breakers 3 on 3 Tournament.
March 29-April 5: Spring Break
April 12: ZCS Auction
April 18: SHC Information Meeting *Prospective Families*
April 20: Middle School Sports Physicals at City on a Hill ($10)
April 19: NO PM Busing *Hot Lunch will be served*
April 22: Spring Parade of Bands
May 3: Fun Night
May 8: ½ Day *Tulip Time* Busing available AM and PM
May 9: NO PM Busing
May 10: NO PM Busing
May 18: ZCS Zip
May 20: Middle School Spring Choral Concert
ZCS Google Calendar: Stay up to date by subscribing to the ZCS Google Calendar!
Pig in a Blanket: FRESHLY MADE! Traditional and flaky Pig options are available for $10 per dozen. Purchase your pigs in the office and pick up in the hallway freezer.
Drop Off/Parking: Please be aware of the marked drop off spots in the front of the school during drop off and pick up. These spots are for drop off only. These are NO Parking zones. LINK to parking/drop off
School Delays/Cancellations: When Zeeland Public is delayed or canceled due to weather or other circumstances, Zeeland Christian is canceled as well. Delay/Cancellation information is available on most local tv and radio stations. You may also choose to receive text alerts via stations such as wzzm or woodtv. Sign up for alerts from ZPS at http://www.zps.org/z-for-me/
Interactive Lunch Menu: Use the interactive lunch menu site to keep up to date on hot lunch changes. http://cdn.myschoolmenus.com/instance/2039289/district/21.html?school_id=45&menu_id=8819
Electronic Guest/Parent sign in and out is now up and running in the front office. All parents and guests need to go through a one-time registration process to be recognized in the sign in system. Please allow a few extra minutes to register when you come to school next. We are excited for all our parents and guest to use this new system!
If you have a TRIP order to pick up you may come into school on Friday between 11:00am - 1:00pm as well as on Tuesday from 10:30-4:00.
Quality car wash certificates are now $7
TRIP has added OK Tire. It is available in $5 increments, but you will get one certificate for the entire amount. The rebate is 5%.
Instant TRIP Fridays 11:00-1:00 in the main office. If the school is not in session/snow day on Friday, there is no Instant TRIP.
If you are having TRIP sent home with an elementary student, please update your profile to show the classroom teacher of your child. https://shop.shopwithscrip.com/Account/Profile
- Youth Event: Friday and Saturday, March 22 and 23. The purpose of the event is to advise, to encourage and to provide a fun time for the youth ages 14 and up. The topic is 2029: TEN YEARS FROM TODAY, WHERE COULD I BE? Academics, finances, faith, and testimonies of people who are actively contributing to the community. We will also have dynamic games for the teens, along with refreshments. There is no fee for the conference. The sessions will be presented in English. Organized and hosted by: Macedonia Baptist Church 101 W 17th st. Holland, Mi. 49424 R.S.V.P text or email names and number of kids attending and contact person’s email/phone 616-414-2341 firstname.lastname@example.org
- First CRC of Zeeland Annual Garage Sale. Saturday, March 23 from 9AM-2PM. Many household items, clothes, and baked goods. Proceeds for GEMS. Entrance is across from Don’s Flowers.
- Host an exchange student for the summer, a semester or the school year! Summer students come from SPAIN for four or six weeks. Semester and School-year students come from a variety of countries (SPAIN, CHINA, ITALY, BRAZIL, ETC.) and attend PUBLIC SCHOOL. Email Amanda Cisneros with any questions: email@example.com.
- Kirk Cousins Middle School Football Camp: Kirk is excited to be running his middle school camp again this summer! Kirk has designed his camp to be about building character and having fun while enjoying the game of football. The camp will be held at Hope College on June 28 & 29. Kirk and his dad will also be speaking at a dad's/guardian lunch on June 29. You can register at kirkcousins.org.
- JOB POSTING: West Coast Eyecare 855 Washington Ave Holland MI 49423 P: 616-395-2020 F: 616-396-8628 Contact name: Dr. Kate Mulder DeJonge: email firstname.lastname@example.org Front desk/Receptionist: Part-time 20-35 hours/week 2-4 days. Duties include greeting patients, answer telephone calls, making appointments, check in/out patients, insurance authorizations, filing, maintain charts, miscellaneous light clerical and administrative duties. Optical Sales: 20-35 hours/week 2-4 days. Duties include sales and styling of glasses frames and lenses, adjusting and repairing glasses as needed, greeting customers, processing sales transactions and vision insurance benefits, miscellaneous light clerical and administrative duties.