Upcoming Calendar Dates
2021-2022 Calendar: Find the 2021-2022 calendar HERE
September 17: NO PM Busing
September 24: NO School *Teacher Professional Development*
September 27-29: School Pictures
October 2: Pumpkin Parade
October 8: NO PM Busing
October 14: Y5-8 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 18: Y5-8 Parent-Teacher Conferences
October 20-22: NO School *Teacher Professional Development*
October 29: NO PM Busing
October 29: End of 1st Marking Period
November 3-4: Preschool Grandparents Day
November 5: ½ day of School Y5-8 Grandparents Day *NO PM Busing*
Golf Outing: Thank you to the 26 teams of golfers who enjoyed a beautiful day on the green for the benefit of the ZCS Endowment Fund. Thank you as well to all of our local business hole sponsors for their faithful support. And thank you to our incredible committee who always plans a great day: Nick & Sarah Terpstra, Jim & Kelli Huisenga, and Claire Baumann.
BOARD NEWS-September 2021
- Foundational Documents. We are continuing to make progress on documents that will ensure ZCS maintains missional integrity. There has been evidence that these documents are already having a direct and positive impact on the classroom experience of our students.
- Fundraising. There are many potential needs in the next few years and we will take a deeper dive into how we can best prepare for them in terms of access, enrollment, and facilities.
- Strategic Goals. We celebrated the progress that has been made toward achieving these goals and we identified ways we can move forward on others. It is a priority to work on Goal #2 and ensuring that we identify barriers to access and thrive at ZCS and then seeing how we can remove those barriers.
Fall Showcase: Over 90% of new families hear about ZCS through friends and family. Do you have a friend or family member who you would love to see at ZCS? If so, we want YOU to bring them on Thursday, Oct. 7 so they can get a first-hand look at ZCS. If you do, you will automatically earn a $50 tuition credit. And if your friend enrolls within the next year they also will receive a $50 tuition credit! Prospective families can register HERE and sign up for a time to tour with staff (and you!) at 12:45 pm, 6:30 pm or 7:15 pm.
ZCS Athletics Player Contract: It is a privilege to be a part of a team at Zeeland Christian and we want everyone to grow in character, spiritually and in skill through their sport. In order to participate in sports at Zeeland Christian, each player must agree to the responsibilities HERE. The coaches of the sports that are currently in session have already presented this to your students. Please read through so you understand what has been communicated to your middle school athlete. If you have questions, please reach out to Joel Nagelkirk at email@example.com.
Parent Points Update: Sign-up will begin next week! If you want to keep your same parent point job this year, email firstname.lastname@example.org today.
Time for Pigs! ZCS Pigs in a blanket are back starting September 15! Pigs will be available for $12 per dozen in flakey and regular. Pigs will be available for purchase during regular office hours.
ZCS LEGACY Families: We are working on something to celebrate the legacy of our multi-generational families, but we need to know who you all are so we don't leave anyone out. Please fill out this form with as much information as you can and then pass it along to others who are multi-generational ZCS families as well. Please fill out the form by Wednesday, September 29. If you have any questions, please contact Lois at email@example.com.
Moms in Prayer: Meets weekly from 9-10 AM on Thursday mornings in the prayer room. Moms in Prayer International impacts children and schools worldwide for Christ by gathering mothers to pray. Our vision is that every school in the world would be covered in prayer.
Hot Lunch Announcement from ZPS: As school food service programs are making preparations to return to normal service and menus, we are facing unprecedented issues with the supply chain that will cause us to alter our posted menus with little to no notice. We are working closely with our distributors and manufacturers to secure both the food and supply items needed to support our program. While it is our intention to serve the posted menu each day at every school, supply issues will try to make this possible throughout the school year until supply chain issues are rectified. We will always attempt to substitute the scheduled menu item with another that is as similar as possible to the extent we are able to do so. Please know that we will always provide wholesome meals each and every day. Hot Lunch is ordered daily by students in their classroom.
Substitute Teachers Needed! As we enter this school year, we would love to have a bigger list of possible substitute teachers who love God, love kids, and love to learn. By joining the substitute teacher list, you will be aware of when jobs are open and then choose which ones to commit to. We would love to have English, Spanish and Mandarin subs. If you or someone you know is interested in additional information, please contact Maria Klompmaker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you would like to access the Zonar bus security app please find more information HERE
- Y5-5th Parents: If you want your child to take home your TRIP order, please update your shopwithscrip profile with the classroom teacher’s name. Middle school students may pick up your TRIP in the front office.
- Thankscripping is September 16 & 17
-Earn up to 20% with brands offering bonuses-An online account is required to participate-Bonuses apply to eGift cards and reloadable cards only. (Physical cards not included)
- Job Opening 32-34 hours/week: Do you have an eye for detail, creative, love to work with people, have a servant heart, and want to be a part of a faith based non-profit committed to a Kingdom mindset? Living Threads (located at City on a Hill) is looking for a new Partner Relations Manager to do just that. The Partner Relations Manager has a critical role in building relationships with our partners, helping to secure ministry funding, and raise awareness of Living Threads. This key role is involved with communication/marketing strategies, fundraising/events, and support to the Executive Director to help provide a positive and Godly experience to those we serve. If interested please email the Executive Director for a more detailed description of the position at: email@example.com.
- Moms in Prayer Awaken Hope Michigan Saturday, October 9, 2021 Central Wesleyan Church, 446 W 40th St. Holland, MI 49423 9:00am – 3:30pm $40 includes lunch and Start With Praise book by Sally Burke & Cyndie Claypool de Neve