Isaías 6:8 Entonces oí la voz del Señor que decía:--¿A quién enviaré? ¿Quién irá por nosotros?Y respondí:--Aquí estoy. ¡Envíame a mí!
Isaiah 6:8: Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?” And I said, “Here am I. Send me!”
August 21: Young 5’s through 8th grade ‘Meet-Your-Teacher’ Night. 4-6 PM. Doors will open at 4PM. School Office will be open during this time to answer questions.
August 21: Kindergarten and Young 5’s Bus Night
August 26: 1st Day of School! *NO BUSING* Start Times: *Middle School: 7:35 AM* Elementary: 8:40 AM* Dismissal: Middle School: 2:25 PM* Elementary: 3:30 PM.
August 26: 9AM Opening Day of School Convocation in the gym - all welcome!
August 27: Busing Begins
August 27 & 28: 4:30-6 Threeschool/Preschool Classroom Open House
August 27 & 28: 7PM Threeschool/Preschool Parent Meetings
August 30 and September 2: No School *Labor Day Vacation*
September 4: 1st day of Threeschool/Preschool
September 5 : 6PM & 6:45 PM Elementary Parent Information Meetings
September 7: ZCS Golf Outing
September 10: 6PM & 6:45 PM Middle School Parent Information Meetings
September 20: NO PM Busing
September 27: No School *Staff Professional Development*
Road Construction: Construction season is going strong in Zeeland! Washington Avenue from Franklin to the west city limits is closed due to reconstruction. Central Avenue (the street in front of the school) may be busier due to extra traffic navigating closed roads. More information on the current road construction may be found HERE. Detour map may be found HERE. Thanks for your patience and courtesy.
Immunizations: Michigan law requires that each student possess a certificate of immunization at the time of registration (or before entering class) for entry into preschool, kindergarten, 7th grade, or into a new school district involving grades 1-12. All preschoolers, kindergarteners, 7th graders and new students need to have immunizations up to date to attend school on the first day. Please bring in a copy of your child's Immunization record or waiver to the main office by Wednesday August 21st. The office will be open during ‘Meet Your Teacher’ hours on Wednesday. Please contact your health care provider or the Health Department for any immunization/waiver questions. If a parent chooses a waiver for their student they will need a new waiver when entering preschool, kindergarten, 7th grade or if they are a new student.
Questions about Busing/Transportation? ZPS Transportation 616-748-3425. Bus Schedules are ready for viewing in Infinite Campus. Postcards will NOT be sent in the mail from ZPS this year.
Questions about Hot Lunch/Food Service? ZPS Food Service 616-748-3128. Yes! Hot Lunch is available starting on the First Day of School! August/September Menu: https://www.zcs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/Zeeland-Christian-August-September-2019-1.pdf
School Supply Lists: https://www.zcs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/05/Supply-Lists-2019-2020-531.pdf
Electronic Guest/Parent sign in and out: All parents and guests need to go through a one-time registration process to be recognized in the sign-in system. If you did not complete the registration process last school year please stop in the office during register. Taking 5 minutes to complete this process during the summer will make sign-in during the school year a breeze!
ZCS Google Calendar: Stay up to date by subscribing to the ZCS Google Calendar!
Hey Kids! Did you take the Summer Reading Challenge? Read 20 books, record the titles on your Challenge Bookmark, which you received at the end of the school year. Then return it to your teacher in August, for an Ice Cream Party with the ZCS Reading Teachers! Happy Reading!
ZCS Golf Outing: 31st annual golf outing on Saturday, September 7 at Winding Creek Golf Club. Lunch begins at 11:45am followed by a shotgun start at 1:00pm. $75 includes 18 holes of golf with a cart, hot dog lunch, pig roast dinner and door prizes. Format is a scramble without handicap. All golfers are encouraged to play! Register here today!
SAILING SEASON is almost here! 7th and 8th graders are invited to participate on the HCHS sailing team! The fall season is September 3, 2019 - November 7, 2019. No previous sailing or racing experience necessary! Practices are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 3:30 - 6:30 at Macatawa Bay Yacht Club. The first practice is September 3. Parent and sailor meeting to follow at 6:30. If you have any questions, please contact Coach Nick Hovland at firstname.lastname@example.org or ZCS and HC mom Carrie Traver at email@example.com More information can be found at mbja.org
ditto needs volunteers
ditto upscale resale is in need of volunteers who are willing to help pick up and deliver furniture on Tuesday and/or Thursday afternoons from 1-4 PM. You must be able to lift at least 50 lbs. If you or someone you know would be willing to assist with our current team, please contact the store at 616-396-8870 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
ditto is also in need of volunteer cashiers who are willing to work a shift once per week. Cashier shifts are from 10 AM to 1 PM and 1 PM to 4 PM Monday through Friday. Please contact the store at 616-396-8870 or email@example.com. We would love to have you join our team!
- Regular weekly TRIP will resume September 3, and Instant TRIP will move back to Friday on September 6.
- Parents of Young 5s-5th grade may have TRIP sent home with your child. Please update your profile with your child's name and their new teacher's name.
- Middle school students need to pick up TRIP for their parents in the front office.
- TRIP orders may be picked up In the front office anytime during office hours.
- You may now use your credit card to purchase TRIP. You will need to enter your information at shopwithscrip.com . You can use VISA of Mastercard. Your rebate will remain unchanged, but there is a 2.6% charge for using the credit card.
- Borculo Christian School Fall and Winter Kid's Toy and Clothing Sale is being held on Saturday, September 7, 2019 from 9 - noon at the school - 6830 96th Ave, Zeeland. If you are interested in being a seller, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information. Hope to see you there!
- Bethany CRC in Holland is looking for an indoor custodian around 10 hours a week. For more information call 392-2635 or email email@example.com.
- Seeking qualified and experienced Property Manager for a Property Management Organization. This company services the day to day operations of condominium associations and rental properties. This full-time position offers the opportunity to service associations and work with association co-owners and board members. Candidate should have a friendly and positive attitude towards clients and the ability to multitask at a high level and manage staff. Please send your resume to Sue Auchtung at firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.