Upcoming Calendar Dates
October 17: 7 PM Prospective Family Open House
October 21 & 22: Y5 - 8th-grade Parent-Teacher Conferences (evening)
October 23-25: NO School CEA Conference and Professional Development
October 30 & 31: Threeschool/Preschool Grandparents/Grandfriends Day
November 1: Y5 - 8th-grade Grandparents’/Grandfriends’ Day 9-Noon. Chapel at 9 AM
November 1: End of First Marking Period
November 7: NO PM Busing
November 7: Picture Retake Day
November 8: NO AM or PM Busing
November 14: Zeeland Christian School Legacy Event at Holland Civic Center 6 PM *Registration is Open*
December 10: 3rd/4th grade Christmas Musical @ Community Reformed Church *DATE CHANGE*
Grandparents' and Grandfriends' Friday, November 1 (Y5-8th Grade):
9:10 AM: Welcome
9:15 AM: Chapel for Y5-8th
10 AM: Coffee
10:20-11:30 AM: Visit Classrooms
11:30-12:00 PM: Lunch with Grandchildren
*Sack lunch available for purchase. No pre-ordering necessary.
4th/5th/6th Grade Families: Thank you for making Grand Parent’s / Friends day such a highlight in our school year!! As we host the many GrandParent’s and friends that visit ZCS, please help us by donating two dozen homemade cookies to be served during their coffee time. Cookies can be brought to the school kitchen in the afternoon of October 31. We will have tables set in the kitchen and ready to receive your treats. Thank you for the extra touches that bless the many guests within our school!! The Hospitality Committee
Parent-Teacher Conferences: Teacher Conference Reservation System for the October 21-22, 2019 conferences. The system will accept reservations for conferences until October 16, 2019, at 10:00 p.m. Your classroom teacher should have sent a letter home with the master password and instructions for signing up for conferences.
Prospective Family Open House: Current ZCS families! Over 90% of new families hear about ZCS through friends and family. Do you have a friend or family member who you would love to see at ZCS? If so, we want YOU to bring them and either give them a tour or join them on their tour with a ZCS staff member. Thursday, Oct. 17 at 7 pm. If you do, you will both be entered to win $200 off your tuition! Four $200 vouchers will be awarded! (2 for current families and 2 for newly enrolled families) Join us, Thursday, Oct. 17, at 7 pm at ZCS. PS There will be City on a Hill cookies.
ZCS Climate/Culture Survey: We are asking staff, students, and parents to participate in a survey geared to help us better understand the climate/culture at Zeeland Christian School. Parents will be sent an email with a link to the brief survey. Additionally, there will be computers available at PT Conferences to take the survey. Students will take the survey during school hours. Thank you for your time!
Gift & Magazine Sale: Our annual gift and magazine sale has begun! All orders must be turned in by Tuesday, October 22. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Preschool Little Caesars Fundraiser: Stock up your freezer with pizza kits, crazy bread and cookies and support our ZCS Preschool. Orders can be placed with a preschool family or online at www.pizzakit.com, 'Products', 'Shop', 'Ship my order to the group', Fundraiser ID #360767. Orders are due Monday, October 28 and MUST be picked up at school on Wednesday, November 13. Thanks for your support!
It's time to hit the slopes! Is your middle schooler interested in skiing on Friday nights? Be sure to register them for a ski club card. The card will get them reduced rates on lift passes and rental equipment. Pick up registration forms in the main office or at the ski club page. All student registrations and payments should be submitted to the school office. Student ski club cards are $18. Lift passes, ski rentals and helmets are an additional cost but rates are reduced with the ski club card. Please make all checks payable to ZCS. Would the rest of your family benefit from reduced rates? Your whole family can join our club and enjoy the savings! More information can be found on our website's Ski Club page (https://www.zcs.org/skiclub/) or by emailing Ross Fischer (email@example.com) or Ben Kapenga (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Substitute Teachers Wanted: Do you love God, love kids, and love to learn? We are looking to grow our list of substitute teachers for our traditional (English) classrooms, Spanish Immersion, and Mandarin Immersion. Please email Maria Klompmaker (email@example.com) if you or someone you know is interested in being on our list.
Meet Angela Therese Del Carmen: She is a 4th grader at Grace Christian Community School in the Philippines. She loves science, drawing, and hopes to be a chef someday. We are looking for a sponsor for her school tuition this year. A full sponsorship is $450, but there are also partial sponsorships available for $150 or $300. If you are interested in sponsoring Angela (or one of the 13 other students who need sponsors), please email Maria Klompmaker (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Host Families Needed: Interested in hosting a middle school student from Guatemala for several weeks this fall? The Faces and Our Culture program is still looking for three more host families for the students linked HERE! Please let Chuck Commeret know as soon as possible if you are interested!
Hope College’s The Little Read Lakeshore, in partnership with Herrick District Library, invites you to join us this fall in reading our 2019 Little Read book: “The Rooster Who Would Not Be Quiet!” by Carmen Agra Deedy. Links to more information: https://www.zcs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Little-Read-Event-Calendar_FINAL.pdf and https://www.zcs.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/Elementary-School-Newsletter.pdf
Pig in a Blanket: A sure sign of Fall is Pigs in a Blanket! Traditional and flaky options are available for $10 per dozen. Purchase your pigs in the office and pick up in the hallway freezer.
Questions about Busing/Transportation? ZPS Transportation 616-748-3425. ZPass Plus: ZPS has issued new bus tags for all students this year. Parents will have to re-enroll in the ZPassPlus, with their child(s) new bus tag RFID # AND enter their child(s) name in ALL CAPS (case sensitive). www.zpassplus.com
Questions about Hot Lunch/Food Service? ZPS Food Service 616-748-3128.
*NEW* Hot Lunch Account Link: https://meals.zps.org/Login.aspx
Infinite Campus Parent Portal: For new users, please complete the Acceptable Use Policy and turn into the office: https://www.zcs.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Parent_Portal_-_Acceptable_Use_Policy_.pdf
Link to Parent Portal: https://ottawami.infinitecampus.org/campus/portal/zeeland.jsp
Yearbooks: If you did not order a yearbook on your picture order form you may order your yearbook here: https://prepay.geskusphoto.com/orderform.asp
- Parents of Young 5s-5th grade may have TRIP sent home with your child. Please update your profile with your child's name and their new teacher's name.
- Middle school students need to pick up TRIP for their parents in the front office.
- TRIP orders may be picked up in the front office anytime during office hours. TRIP is delivered to the office each week on Tuesday at 10:30 AM
- You may now use your credit card to purchase TRIP. You will need to enter your information at shopwithscrip.com . You can use a VISA or Mastercard. Your rebate will remain unchanged, but there is a 2.6% charge for using the credit card.
- New to TRIP: Forest Grove Auto is new to TRIP. They are located at 4010 Byron Rd. They will give 5% to your TRIP account if you pay with a check or cash. If you use a credit card the rebate is 2.5%.
- For Sale: 2015 Honda Civic LX 77,000 miles $10,700 o.b.o. Excellent running vehicle; Well cared for VIN: 19XFB2F54FE100606 Sarah Kapenga 616-566-6735
- Need a little extra money for the upcoming holidays?? Witness Inspection, a family-owned company is hiring part-time employees in the inspection department. Flexible schedule (work while kids are in school). Short or long-term employment. Clean work environment. Friendly team atmosphere. If interested call 616-879-0058 ext 22 or email email@example.com
- Happy Post-Season Baseball! Baseball Concepts is hosting their Fall Ball Camp coming up this year from 8:30-noon on October 26th at SportsQuest! ALL-STAR COLLEGIATE COACHING STAFF !!! Oakland University Coach (DI) Wayne State Coach (DII) Hope College Coach(DIII) AND MORE!! At Baseball Concepts we are all about building character and confidence in kids through the game of baseball. Fun and interactive drills and games! Join us in learning from some of the best! Family affordable price of just $75 (team discounts available)! This includes a free t-shirt for campers as well! Create a player account and sign up under the CAMPS tab: www.baseball-concepts.com/camps