Upcoming Calendar Dates
2021-2022 Calendar: Find the 2021-2022 calendar HERE
Grid Calendar HERE
June 4: Last Day of School! ½ Day, NO PM Busing.. NO Instant TRIP
June 15: TRIP day
Final Day of School June 4: The final day of school is a ½ day! The start of school will be 7:35 for middle school and 8:45 for elementary school. Dismissal is 10:50 for middle school and 11:50 for elementary. NO PM Busing
- Return ALL bus tags to the bus driver or to the ZCS Office by June 4th.
- GOLD Transportation Department Bus Forms to the ZCS front office by June 4th if you haven't already done so.
- If you haven't already done so, please make sure you have created and activated your Infinite Campus Parent Portal account. All bus information will be available in your parent portal the week prior to the first day of school under the "Bus Information" tab.
Summer Office Hours: The school office will be open 9am-1PM M-TH during the summer months. The office will be closed July 5-9
TRIP: This June TRIP is paying out more than $37,600.
Elementary Lost and Found: The lost and found area for the elementary students has been cleared out and placed on tables in the lobby. Parents may check the lost and found during school hours by entering through the main office and checking in. After June 4 all items will be donated.
If you missed the Estate Planning Workshop, we have a recording that you can view. Click on the link HERE and put in the password to view the Workshop. Passcode: u3yX+N^y
Register Now for Expand(ED): Summer Camps at ZCS! ZCS Expand(ED) has options for sports, language, math, Spanish, coding, and leveled-library check out this summer! You can find out what is being offered and register here.
Parent Points: Watch for the sign up for the 2021-2022 school year to come out later this summer
Attn 8th Grade Families: Families of Holland Christian High School students who reside in the Zeeland School District, and need busing to/from Zeeland. Complete the STUDENT TRANSPORTATION FORM HERE, and return to Zeeland Public Schools at the address given on the form or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact Brenda VanderKooy at email@example.com for questions or for more information.
Current families: If you have not completed your transportation form, please do so and return it to the school this week. All students, even those out of district and those who do not require busing need a transportation form completed.
ZCS/Holland Christian Co-op Athletics Announcements
- Please read this letter regarding sports offerings at HC for middle schoolers and those entering the 9th grade.
- High School Football Information
- Holland Christian Summer Girls Basketball League: For Girls who will be in Grades 4-6 for the 21/22 school year https://campscui.active.com/orgs/HollandChristianSchool?orglink=camps-registration#/selectSessions/2940142
- Summer Camps: Students going into grades K-12 can now register for an awesome experience with our sports programs over the summer months! Check out all the offerings and get signed at our summer camps webpage: hollandchristian.org/summer-camps-21/.
- Summer Breaks: Holland Christian's MHSAA dead week, when we have no team activities or use of our athletic facilities, is July 3-9. Our high school fall sports teams have their pre-season downtime, when team activities are limited, from August 1-8.
- 21-22 Sports Registration: All families with middle school students participating in co-op sports or entering HCHS as a freshman will need to register here for athletics through Final Forms. For those already registered for sports this year, you will simply need to log in to your Final Forms account, select the sports your child is interested in and update any changes to your child's information. Registration for 21-22 athletics will be available on April 1st. Fall high school sports begin on August 11 (football on August 9) and fall middle school sports begin on August 23.
Spring cleaning? ditto is in need of your gently used household items, clothing, and furniture! 100% of our proceeds go directly back to ZCS & HC towards your tuition reduction. Thanks for keeping us stocked with such great finds!
Attendance: Whenever your student is going to be absent or late to school, please notify the school office. To notify the office, you may email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message on the attendance line 616-741-0051. When reporting your absence, please list your student’s name, grade, the reason for absence, and teacher.
June Hot Lunch Menu: HERE
- Summer TRIP: The Summer TRIP dates are June 15 & 29, July 13 & 27, and August 10.
- All online orders are due by 11:00 on the above dates.
- Orders will be available on the next TRIP Tuesday.
- TRIP will be available for pick up in the front office Monday-Thursday until 1:00 pm. The office is closed the week of July 4th.
- (Remember if you pay with PrestoPay that the money is deducted from your account the day you place your order)
- June 1 orders may be picked up on the 15th.
- Instant TRIP during the summer will be available on the above Tuesdays in the TRIP office from 9:30-11:00. **note time change from previous summers
- Regular weekly TRIP will resume August 24 and Instant TRIP will move back to Friday on August 27. There will not be Instant TRIP on September 3.
- Hope College Summer Science Camps! Click HERE for the brochure
- FOR RENT: Room for rent. Three-bedroom duplex to share with two female Chinese Mandarin teachers. 1,300 sq. ft, garage, full basement, central air, and heat. $500 a month. Central location in Holland. 5-10 minutes to Meijer and Walmart. Available in June. For more information, please call 990-5275 for Ann Hildenbrand.
- Healthy & Fit Family Fitness Program: Who: Elementary-aged kids and their families When: Summer Session: Mondays, June 7 to July 26 at 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Fall Session: Thursdays, Sept. 9 to Oct. 28 at 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. Location: Class held outside at Outdoor Discovery Center 4214 56th Street, Holland, MI 49423 This series is taught by a registered dietitian and covers a variety of nutrition topics in a hands-on-interactive way. Join us gardening, exploring the trails, seeing the birds of prey up close, kayaking, doing scavenger hunts, trying new foods, and doing family dance fitness together. Cost $25 for the entire 8-week series. Registration: Spectrumhealth.org/classes-events or call 616.748.2834
- Sibshops: Brothers and sisters of children with special needs now have a group that’s just for them, Sibshops. Sibshops are peer support groups that offer an engaging space for siblings to be heard, understood, and supported. More information: https://www.zcs.org/ottawa-county-sibshops/
- First Christian Reformed Church is looking for a part-time janitor starting in August. Please call 616-610-4392 for more information.
- Ridge Point VBS: June 21, 22, 23 and 24 from 6-8 pm. For more info about Ridge Point VBS and to sign up, please visit fearlessfollower.org