Upcoming Calendar Dates
2020-2021 Calendar: Find the 2020-2021 calendar HERE
2021-2022 Calendar: Find the 2021-2022 calendar HERE
April 16: Auction rescheduled to May 21
April 22: Society Meeting via Zoom
May 1: 7th Grade *Totally Free* Car Wash
May 3-7: Teacher Appreciation Week
May 5: ½ Day *Tulip Time*
May 15: Running Club 5K
May 18: 3rd and 4th Grade Musical
May 21: Auction - Virtual format similar to last year, no food, no kids program
May 25: MS Music Night
Our annual Society Meeting is happening virtually on April 22, 2021 at 7:00 p.m. The purpose of this meeting is to approve the budget and to approve the Restated Articles of Incorporation.
If you wish to submit questions to be addressed during the Society Meeting, please submit those to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight, April 16th. All other questions may be submitted via the Zoom Chat the evening of the meeting and will be answered after the meeting.
- The 2021 Society Report (all-school year-in-review including the proposed 2021-2022 budget and the Restated Articles of Incorporation), and the ZCS Board of Trustees Ballot HERE
- Instructions for joining the virtual meeting will be available online at www.zcs.org/parents the week of the meeting.
One Page Tuition Statements for 2021-2022 were mailed before Spring Break. If you have not received a statement please contact email@example.com for assistance. Only ZCS Students preschool-8th grade receive OPTS statements, HC High School students will receive a separate communication from Holland Christian. Please return your completed OPTS form and transportation forms to the school office as soon as possible.
Calendar Date Change: April 28th is now a FULL day of school for students and teachers. The 1/2 day of professional development for teachers has been canceled.
Estate Planning Workshops: Attorney Haans Mulder will be holding an estate plan workshop for ZCS parents, grandparents, staff, alumni, donors ONLY on Tuesday, May 11, at 7 PM and Thursday, May 13, at 12 PM via ZOOM. If you are interested in attending, please sign up here email Lois Gerritsma, Advancement Assistant (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.
2021-2022 Tuition Assistance: Are you planning to apply for TUITION ASSISTANCE for the 2021-2022 school year? Applications may be submitted from March 8th to April 19. Information about award totals is provided to applicants in June. The application fee is $35 and can be found at zcs.org/finacial-aid.
Expand(ED): Registration for this summer's Expand(ED) programs is now available. You can find out what is being offered and register on this website. Camps being offered this summer include: Mandarin, Spanish, fairy/treasure gardens, coding, piano/keyboard lessons, basketball, soccer, volleyball, golf, tutoring, math, and leveled-library check out.
ZCS/Holland Christian Co-op Athletics Announcements
- Summer Camps: Students going into grades K-12 can now register for an awesome experience with our sports programs over the summer months! Check out all the offerings and get signed at our summer camps webpage: hollandchristian.org/summer-camps-21/.
- Summer Breaks: Holland Christian's MHSAA dead week, when we have no team activities or use of our athletic facilities, is July 3-9. Our high school fall sports teams have their pre-season downtime, when team activities are limited, from August 1-8.
- 21-22 Sports Registration: All families with middle school students participating in co-op sports or entering HCHS as a freshman will need to register here for athletics through Final Forms. For those already registered for sports this year, you will simply need to login to your Final Forms account, select the sports your child is interested in and update any changes to your child's information. Registration for 21-22 athletics will be available on April 1st. Fall high school sports begin on August 11 (football August 9) and fall middle school sports begin on August 23.
- SAILING SEASON is almost here! ZCS 7th and 8th graders are invited to participate on the HCHS sailing team. The spring season is April 6, 2021 - May 27, 2021. No previous sailing or racing experience necessary. Practices are Tuesdays, Wednesdays, Thursdays 3:30 - 6:30. (Feel free to begin the season after HC's spring break if you will be out of town.) If you have any questions, please contact Coach Nick Hovland at email@example.com or HC mom Carrie Traver at firstname.lastname@example.org. More information and registration can be found at mbja.org under Scholastic Sailing.
Attendance: Whenever your student is going to be absent or late to school, please notify the school office. To notify the office, you may email email@example.com or leave a message on the attendance line 616-741-0051. When reporting your absence, please list your student’s name, grade, the reason for absence, and teacher.
We would love to add more potential subs to our list for English, Spanish, and Mandarin!
- Subs are able to choose which jobs they accept, which grade levels they are interested in, etc.
- We are looking for adults who love God, love kids, love learning, and have completed at least 90 college credit hours.
- Time commitment is roughly 7:15-2:45 for middle school and roughly 8:15-3:45 for elementary.
- Pre-tax payment is $108.50 for a full day
- To ask questions or move forward with being added to the list, contact Maria Klompmaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) to fill out an application and get details about fingerprinting.
Parent Points: If you need to sign up for a new parent points assignment, please sign up HERE
April Hot Lunch Menu: HERE
Thursday Moms In Prayer meeting is over Zoom at 9 AM. Text or email Erica Boerman for link details: 202-313-5123 or email@example.com
Don’t miss out on the 2020-2021 Yearbook! If you need to order a yearbook please use this link: www.geskusphoto.com/?YB=766
Spring cleaning? ditto is in need of your gently used household items, clothing, and furniture! 100% of our proceeds go directly back to ZCS & HC towards your tuition reduction. Thanks for keeping us stocked with such great finds!
- All online orders are due by 11:00 on Tuesdays
- Instant Trip is 11 AM - 1PM each Friday when school is in session.
- If parents of Y-5s-5th grade want their children to take home their TRIP they need to update their profiles on shopwithscrip.com to put in the new teacher's name for this year. Middle schoolers may pick up TRIP for their parents in the front office.
- Ship to Home: RaiseRight App exclusive: Families can get gift cards from 250+ brands delivered right to their homes or delivered right to friends and family as holiday gifts. It’s convenient and contactless. Families must pay with a bank account or credit card. A small shipping fee applies
- Culvers is NEW to Instant TRIP!
- Looking for part time work with flexible hours? Do you enjoy talking with and helping people? Century Driving School is looking for customer service representatives. We serve a variety of clientele with offices in Holland and Hudsonville. If you’re looking for a place where you can have a positive impact on the community and want to learn more, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hope College Summer Science Camps! Click HERE for the brochure
- Pizza Hut Fundraising Night - Order pizza for curbside or delivery on Wednesday, April 14, from 11:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and 15% of all sales will be donated to Mary's Legacy. Mary's Legacy is a non-profit organization started out of Third CRC to build affordable, handicap accessible housing for those who face housing insecurity in our community. Our first build is on 40 N. Carlton in Zeeland and a ZCS CLC grad plans to be the first renter!
- Family Research Council – Holland Office. Correspondence Assistant – Part-time / Data Entry/Teleservices Assistant – Full-timeIf interested, please contact Char at 616.394.5200 for more information.
- FOR RENT: Room for rent. Three-bedroom duplex to share with two female Chinese Mandarin teachers. 1,300 sq. ft, garage, full basement, central air, and heat. $500 a month. Central location in Holland. 5-10 minutes to Meijer and Walmart. Available in August. For more information, please call 990-5275 for Ann Hildenbrand.