Upcoming Calendar Dates
May 25-29 ZCS Virtual Auction
May 29 - Y5 - 8th Last Day of School
Who?: ZCS Elementary and Middle School Families
What?: On Friday, May 29, Elementary and Middle School families will have the opportunity to hand in leveled library books, computers/chargers, anything else classroom specific AND receive batons, medications that were kept at school, artwork, and bags of your classroom items.
9:00 - 9:30 Adams - Coxon
9:45 - 10:15 Culver - Glerum
10:30 - 11:00 Grant - Karsten
11:15 - 11:45 Kass - Markoski
12:30 - 1:00 Maul - Ritzema
1:15 - 1:45 - Rugg - VandenBosch
2:00 - 2:30 - VandenBrink - Zwagerman
*If your time slot does not work for your family, please contact your child’s teacher to make other arrangements.
Where?: Elementary by homeroom - outside at the classroom window or the nearest door to the classroom. Please watch for communication from your homeroom teacher. Middle School by grade level via driveby pickup in designated areas. (Please do not get out of the car.) More information will be provided by your grade level teachers.
- If you have children in both Middle School and Elementary, please do the drive-thru for your MS student first, then park and pick up your elementary student’s stuff next.
- No parents or students will be allowed in the building.
- Please practice social distancing.
- This is not a “take your picture with your teacher day.” Sorry!
- Bus tags and Library books must be dropped off in the main entrance prior to drop-off day (M-TH 8am-4pm) or the day of. These items are not given to classroom teachers.
- Elementary Lost & Found - PARENTS ONLY may pick up items that will be laid out along the sidewalk on Central Ave. in front of the Media Center. Please do NOT send your child to look. Anything not picked up on the 29th will be donated.
May 30 - Virtual Running Club 5k
Virtual Auction: The ZCS Auction will happen online May 25-29. This will be a fun opportunity to celebrate the end of a very unique school-year! Register your bidder number TODAY and be entered to win one of two brand new golf carts. Register HERE!
ZCS Sports Information: Due to the Covid-19 situation, the MHSAA will accept a 2019-20 sports physical that is already on file at school, but a 2020-21 health questionnaire must be completed and then turned in to the school office (when the office is open) or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. So, an actual physical exam is not necessary for 2020-21 IF a valid MHSAA physical is already on file from the 2019-20 school year. If you do not have a 2019-20 physical on file at school (incoming 6th graders and first-time athletes), you will need to have the normal MHSAA physical completed by an MD/DO/PA/NP with an individual appointment scheduled before allowed to participate on any team. Your completed questionnaire OR 2020-21 physical form needs to be brought to the ZCS office (when the office is open) or emailed to email@example.com following your appointment.
(Zeeland Christian students transitioning from 8th to 9th grade and any transfer students must individually pick up or have a printed copy of their 2019-20 completed physical to turn in to their high school with the 2020-21 health questionnaire if this is the chosen option.)
How to Sign Up for a Sport:
In order to plan for the season students should sign-up for what sports they are planning on participating next year. Choices can still be changed, but this just gives us a good idea of what to expect.
If you are participating in a co-op sport at HC you will need to sign-up through FinalForms in addition to the ZCS sign-up.
Emergency Tuition Assistance: If you need assistance in paying tuition during this time, please reach out. You can email Mike Arendsen, Dir. of Finance. If you are in a position to give to the ZCS Tuition Assistance Fund for families in crisis, please pray about how generous you can be so more families can be helped through this time. Thank you.
Return Your Bus Tags and Transportation Forms! Zeeland Public Transportation Dept. is asking you to please return your child’s bus tags and gold forms. Please do so as soon as possible. You may do so by:
- Dropping off at a meal distribution site. Sites and schedule listed under Meal Service HERE.
- Mail to Zeeland Public Transportation Dept.: 720 E. Main, Zeeland, MI 49464
- Dropping off at Zeeland Christian in the front entry in the marked box. Monday-Thursday ZCS Front entrance doors are open until 4:00 p.m.
Expand(ED) Update: We have made a difficult decision to cancel some of our Expand(ED) camps for this summer. Below is a list of camps that are currently canceled as well as a list of camps that we are tentatively planning to offer (final decision will be made mid-June). If you have signed up your child for any of the camps that have been canceled, you will be receiving an email later this week with a refund.
Canceled camps include: Golf Camp, Art Camp- Fairy Gardens, La Cocina Mexicana, Mandarin Camp, Math Fact Fun, and Running Camp.
Camps we still hope to offer include: Basketball Camp (1st-8th), Spanish Camp- Ages 4-8, Soccer Camp (1st-8th), Summer Algebra Institute (3rd-6th), Girls' Volleyball (3rd-8th), Mountain Bike Clinic, and Leveled-Library Book Pick-Up (K-5th).
Please contact Maria Klompmaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions.
Library Books:: A labeled cart has been placed in the front entryway to collect library books. The entryway is open M-TH 8-4.
Yearbooks: Yearbooks may still be ordered! If you still need to order a yearbook you may do so HERE
- The Summer TRIP dates are June 16 & 30, July 14 & 28 and August 11 &25.
- All online orders are due by 11:00 on the above dates.
- Orders will be available on the next TRIP Tuesday.
- TRIP will be available for pick up in the front office Monday-Thursday until 1:00 pm. The office is closed the week of July 4th.
- June 2 orders may be picked up on the 16th.
Instant TRIP during the summer will be available on the above Tuesdays in the TRIP office from 9:30-11:00. **note time change from previous summers. (Remember if you pay with PrestoPay that the money is deducted from your account the day you place your order)
Regular weekly TRIP will resume August 25 and Instant TRIP will move back to Friday on September 11.
2020-2021 Calendar: Find the 2020-2021 calendar HERE
ZCS Apparel Sale: Need some retail therapy during this quarantine? Check out the new ZCS online apparel store! https://stores.goodink.com/zcs/shop/home Orders will ship once a month directly to your house.
HOST FAMILIES NEEDED FOR 2020-21: Holland Christian High School is currently seeking host families for their international students from China for the 20-21 school year. Host families have a unique chance to learn about a different culture while providing a supportive and caring environment for an international student. This is a particularly great opportunity for ZCS Mandarin families who would like a native Mandarin speaker in their home! We have a particular need for a host family who can host a female. If your family is interested in this ministry opportunity, please contact Anna Slenk at email@example.com to learn more. Host families receive a generous stipend for hosting.
ZPS Food Service Meal Distribution: ZPS will host 27 locations to provide meals to community members ages 18 and under. Routes will run every Monday and Thursday. Please note parents can pick up meals for children and children do not need to be present to receive food. Children do not need to be ZPS students to receive food. This service is open to all families in our community. If your child has a food allergy, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for full assistance. https://www.zps.org/covid/
Zeeland Christian School, as well as schools across the region, has been receiving questions from families regarding travel plans and how they might impact their student’s ability to return to school once schools re-open. Please read this letter from the Ottawa County Department of Public Health when considering your plans.
It may seem crazy to think about summer sports camps already, but Holland Christian Summer Sports Camps are ready for registration! From basketball to volleyball and kindergarteners to seniors, there is a variety of Christ-centered sports offerings for all ages. We invite you to click on this blog post for more information about summer sports camps and how to register! (www.hollandchristian.org/summer-sports-camp-registration/)"
- Due to school closing TRIP is being moved to Deb Vanden Heuvel's house at 519 Huizenga Ave. in Zeeland.
- TRIP will be on Tuesday as usual. Pick up for TRIP orders will be on Tuesday from 10:00 am-7:00 pm.
- Instant TRIP will be available at Deb’s home on Tuesdays from 11:00 am-1:00 pm.
- You are all encouraged to continue ordering Scrip Now! and Reload cards.
- Ditto is new to TRIP. $20 gift cards at a 4.5% rebate.
- You may now use your credit card to purchase TRIP. You will need to enter your information at shopwithscrip.com. You can use a VISA or Mastercard. Your rebate will remain unchanged, but there is a 2.6% charge for using the credit card.
- 9% Rebate on Champs Books! Champs Books are now available through TRIP. They may be purchased at Instant TRIP or online.