Upcoming Calendar Dates
January 16: NO AM MS Busing
January 16: ZCS Showcase (Preschool, Kindergarten, Young 5s and Prospective Families) 6:30-8:30 PM
- Creation Ridge Lottery Opens at 9 AM (www.zcs.org/creationridge)
- Online Kindergarten and Young 5s registration opens
- End of Marking Period
- NO PM Busing
January 20: NO School
January 21: 9 AM Creation Ridge lottery closes (www.zcs.org/creationridge)
January 23: Online Preschool Registration Open for current three school students, registering for preschool *password required*
January 23: 9 AM All School Chapel
January 27: Holland Christian High School Showcase at HCHS 7 PM
January 28: Online Preschool Registration Open for current ZCS families *password required*
January 30: Online Preschool Open Registration *no password required*
February 13: NO PM Busing
February 14 & 17: NO School *Winter Break*
March 6 &7: 8th Grade Play
March 28: Basket Breakers 3-on-3 tournament
2020 Spelling Bee: Congratulations to all the 5th-8th grade students that participated in the Spelling Bee on Tuesday. 8th grader, Ethan Jernigan was the 1st place winner. 7th grader, Josiah Karel was the 2nd place winner. Well done!
Middle School Ski Club: Ski Club leaves ZCS at 3pm. Return to ZCS between 9-10 PM. Students should sign up for the bus on the sign-up sheet near Mr. Fischer's office. $3 to ride the bus.
Seeking Nominations for Board of Trustees: Please prayerfully consider nominating someone you know who loves ZCS and would passionately use their gifts and talents to help further its mission to Love God, Love Kids and Love Learning by serving on our school board. To submit a nomination, please fill out THIS FORM by Friday, January 24th.
All School Showcase: Thursday, January 16, 6:30-8:30 PM. 6:30-7:00: Preschool Meeting. 7:05 and 7:30: Breakout Meetings for Immersion, School Home Collaborative and Creation Ridge Preschool. 8:00-8:30: Kindergarten & Young 5s Meeting. Personalized Tours for all grade levels available from 6:30-8:30 PM. More information at www.zcs.org/showcase.
TerraCycle update: Unfortunately, the Personal Care and Beauty Brigade of TerraCycle will be closing. Please have all your skin care, hair care, and cosmetic packaging sent in to school by THIS FRIDAY, January 17, to be included in our last shipment. After that date, we will only be able to accept Herbal Essences hair care packaging. Thank you for your continued support of the Terracycle program that keeps trash out of landfills AND supports a sponsored student at our sister school in the Philippines.
Cardboard Dumpster: Please do not use the cardboard dumpster near the trash dumpster for your personal cardboard disposal. If you have items that are recyclable and valid for the Paper Gator, please use that dumpster, which is behind the school.
ZCS Family Skiing at Caberfae Peaks. Always a great time with ZCS families, a warm fire and a potluck with our own part of the lodge. January 20: $15 for lift ticket and ski rental. February 17: $19 for lift ticket and ski rental. Lessons are $1 and must be scheduled ahead of time. Snowboard rental is $8 and Helmet Rental is $3. Please fill out this form and return to the office with payment by January 17. Questions? Contact Rebecca Grant email@example.com
Pets in School: If you have a family pet that you would like to bring in to school, please get prior approval from your classroom teacher and the office. We have students in the building that are allergic to some pets and others that pets bring some anxiety. Thanks in advance for your help!
2019-2020 ZCS Parent Handbook: The ZCS Parent Handbook is always accessible in the Parent Section of the ZCS Website.
School Delays/Cancellations: When Zeeland Public is delayed or canceled due to weather or other circumstances, Zeeland Christian is canceled as well. Delay/Cancellation information is available on most local tv and radio stations. You may also choose to receive text alerts via stations such as WZZM or WOODTV. Sign up for alerts from ZPS at http://www.zps.org/z-for-me/.
Substitute Teachers Wanted: Do you love God, love kids, and love to learn? We are looking to grow our list of substitute teachers for our traditional (English) classrooms, Spanish Immersion, and Mandarin Immersion. Please email Maria Klompmaker (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you or someone you know is interested in being on our list.
Pig in a Blanket: Traditional and flaky options are available for $10 per dozen. Purchase your Pigs in the office and pick up in the hallway freezer.
- Parents of Young 5s-5th grade may have TRIP sent home with your child. Please update your profile with your child's name and their new teacher's name.
- Tuesday TRIP continues as usual if there is a snow day. If there is a snow day on Friday there will be no Instant TRIP.
- Middle school students need to pick up TRIP for their parents in the front office.
- TRIP orders may be picked up in the front office anytime during office hours. TRIP is delivered to the office each week on Tuesday after 10:30 AM
- You may now use your credit card to purchase TRIP. You will need to enter your information at shopwithscrip.com. You can use a VISA or Mastercard. Your rebate will remain unchanged, but there is a 2.6% charge for using the credit card.
- 9% Rebate on Champs Books! Champs Books are now available through TRIP. They may be purchased at Instant TRIP or online.
- Hoops & Hoopla 2020! It's a night of hoops, featuring the dueling staff b-ball teams of ZCS and HCS, along with 56ers scrimmages and a Unified slam dunk contest. Come also for the hoopla-- photos with Elsa, Anna & friends, carnival games, bounce houses, and more, on Saturday, February 1, starting at 6:15 pm at Holland Christian High School. All this family fun for a suggested donation of $5 ($20 per family). Proceeds of this game will go to help make the HCHS band & orchestra trip to Florida in April affordable for the over 90 students. The group will perform at Disney World and will attend educational music workshops with professional Disney musicians. Thanks for your support of the HC band and orchestra--building community, education, and excellence!
- West Michigan Children’s Choir (WMCC). A community choir for 3rd-8th graders. Meets Monday evenings, 6:30-7:30 PM at 14th St. CRC in Holland. $100 per semester or $180 paid upfront. Contact Kristin Barron email@example.com to find out more information.
- Café Assistant needed at City on a Hill Cafe: Looking for an energetic Christ follower to work with our current staff and volunteers. Daily duties may include food prep, cleaning, customer service. No prior kitchen experience required. Must be able to work early mornings and lift 40lbs. 16-20 hours a week. Please contact Megan Behler, Café Director, at 616-748-6005 or café@coahm.org