Upcoming Calendar Dates
2021-2022 Calendar: Find the 2021-2022 calendar HERE
January 27: Open Preschool Registration (7pm)
February 14 & 15: NO Busing
February 18 & 21: NO School *Winter Break*
March 4: NO PM Busing
March 10: Optional Elementary/MS Conferences
March 11: NO School *Teacher Professional Development*
March 21-22: NO Preschool *Preschool Conferences*
March 25: NO PM Busing
March 26: 3 on 3 Basket Breakers Tournament
Ski Club No Ski Club this week. The next Ski Club is on February 4th.
Food Service Change ZCS will be changing providers for our hot lunch program, from Zeeland Public Schools to Holland Christian’s Food Service, effective April 11, 2022. Lunches will be made at ZCS, utilizing our kitchen. Please note that hot lunch prices are standard across providers (there is no cost to students through at least the remainder of this school year). Stay tuned for additional details. We are grateful for the years of service from ZPS and their food service employees, including ZCS parent, Sharon Amundsen, who always goes above and beyond for our students—especially these past two years. Thank you, Sharon and ZPS!
Lunch Heroes Wanted! Need a change of scenery? Come work in the Zeeland Christian School kitchen. We offer 2-5 day/week positions for food prep/servers. Hours vary from 3-6 hours/day. No need for experience–must have a heart to serve and big smiles for our students. This is fast-paced work and you will be on your feet most of the time. Please email email@example.com with your interest, work availability, email and phone number. Position starts the week of March 28- 30 with off-site training. You will be employed by Holland Christian Schools. We provide great pay, paid holidays, sick days, personal days, and “Free Lunch!” Come work where your children learn! These are all school-year positions, with summers and breaks off. Thank you for your interest!
Lost and Found: Elementary Lost and Found items have been placed in the main lobby area. If you or your students are missing items, please check the table. Items will be donated after January 28th.
BOARD NEWS--January 2022
- Foundational Documents. We continue to make progress on documents that will ensure ZCS maintains missional integrity. Our lawyer provided a very helpful and insightful overview of why and how we can further protect the mission of ZCS, even as our world changes. We were also led in a discussion about how these documents help us achieve our strategic goals.
- Budget. The Finance Committee and Administration are working together to put together a three year plan that will ensure a balanced budget and a healthy fund balance. We are very thankful for some preschool grant money the school recently received.
- Board Nominations. We are thankful for a growing and wonderful list of nominees, and we discussed specific qualities and skills that the Board will need over the next few years. Most importantly, we spent time praying that the Lord would continue to assemble the right team of Board members to steward and advance the mission of ZCS.
- Zeeland Christian operates on the same schedule as Zeeland Public Schools when there are weather delays and cancellations. Subscribe to Z for Me to receive email alerts from ZPS regarding school closings. (Weather news outlet text notifications are no longer available.)
- When school is delayed for two hours, all buses will run two hours later than scheduled. School start times will be exactly two hours later as well.
- Hot lunch will be provided as scheduled on delay days.
- Morning Preschool - No school on delay days.
- Before School Care is available on delay days for students who were already scheduled for that morning. (Before School Care is not available for students not on the schedule for that morning.)
- Morning Young Fives - No school on delay days.
- Morning Only Kindergarten Students - No school on delay days.
Critical Staffing Needs: We are at a critical point in our low staffing and are reaching out to our community to see whether any parents or grandparents may be interested in working at ZCS? Schedules can often mimic your student’s (or grandchildren) and before and after school care is free for staff. You can view all available positions at zcs.org/employment and reach out via firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. Thank you for considering and spreading the word!
All Belong is excited to host its annual auction, tomorrow, January 27 through Saturday, January 29, 2022, and you’re invited! Contribute to the meaningful work of building belonging and providing necessary support for schools and churches by bidding on a range of fantastic items and experiences, all from the comfort of your own home!
Visit allbelong.org/events/auction2022/ for more information and to register. Register by January 13 and be entered to win an iPad!
Pigs-in-a-Blanket and Banket! Pigs (regular or flaky) are $12/dozen and the famous ZCS Banket is available for $8 a stick. There is a freezer near the standing stone stocked with pigs and banket for purchase. Cash, Check or Venmo accepted!
Substitute Teachers Needed! As we continue this school year, we would love to have a bigger list of possible substitute teachers who love God, love kids, and love to learn. By joining the substitute teacher list, you will be made aware when jobs are open and then able to choose which openings you’d like to take. We would love to have English, Spanish and Mandarin subs. If you or someone you know is interested in additional information, please contact Maria Klompmaker (email@example.com).
If you would like to access the Zonar bus security app please find more information HERE
- Y5-5th Parents: If you want your child to take home your TRIP order, please update your shopwithscrip profile with the classroom teacher’s name. Middle school students may pick up your TRIP in the front office.
- Marathon $25 cards have been added to Instant TRIP.
- How would you like to work for a local faith-based non-profit that has a family-friendly schedule? What about having the opportunity to invest your talents for God’s Kingdom? At Living Threads (located at City on a Hill), our work schedule allows for every Friday off and morning start times after your children are dropped off at school. We are trusting God to provide just the right person to fulfill this amazing role as our Partner Relations Manager. Could that be you? If you’d like to learn more about this position, please visit our website at www.livingthreadsministry.org for more information.
- ditto is looking to hire a store director, 30-40 hours/week. This is a year-round position requiring some nights and weekends, the ability to drive, and to lift and move furniture. Retail industry experience is preferred, along with strong interpersonal communication and management skills. Interested candidates may contact Shelley Plaggemars at firstname.lastname@example.org.